Experienced Delaware Lawyer
Daniel K. Hogan has more than 20 years of experience representing clients in a wide range of legal transactions and disputes. Mr. Hogan is experienced in financial reorganizations and disputes in the Delaware Bankruptcy Court, including counsel to secured creditors, trustees, indenture trustees and various creditors’ committees and a legal representative in a major asbestos case covering nearly 10 years. Mr. Hogan’s role has been significant in major cases across the country, including various mass tort and asbestos cases. Additionally, for a decade, Mr. Hogan has acted as the outside litigation counsel for Highland Capital Management, L.P., one of the largest private-equity funds in the country. This representation, held in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Delaware Superior Court, as well as Delaware Court of Chancery, involves multi-million dollar lawsuits with some of the largest corporate entities in the United States. He has also represented several of the country’s largest financial institutions in litigation relating to bank and bond debt arrangements and has obtained eight-figure settlements for his clients in these matters. Mr. Hogan is actively involved in the Delaware legal community. He is a pro bonovolunteer for the Delaware Legal Services Society, and he taught a seminar titled “Foreclosures — Nuts & Bolts” for the Delaware State Bar Association.
Representative Matters in U.S. Bankruptcy Court
- W.R. Grace Chapter 11, Counsel to Canadian Representative Counsel, appointed Legal Representative in June, 2006.
- Combustion Engineering Chapter 11 (Representing Personal Injury Asbestos Trust).
- ABB Lummus Chapter 11 (Representing Personal Injury Asbestos Trust).
- Various pending asbestos-related Chapter 11 cases, including Owens Corning, Specialty Products, Dynamerica (representing interests of creditors/plaintiffs).
- Commonwealth Oil Refining Co., Inc., also known as CORCO (lead debtor’s counsel).
- Global Marine (indenture trustee counsel).
- Ascendia Brands, Inc. – Representing Rooks Marketing Group LLC (Avoidance Action).
- American Home Mortgage Holdings, Inc. – Counsel for homeowners
Areas of practice
Mr. Hogan received his J.D. from Widener University School of Law in 1989. He earned his B.S. from Wake Forest University in 1986.
Admitted to practice law in Delaware and Pennsylvania in 1990, Mr. Hogan is a member of the:
- Delaware State Bar Association
- Real Estate Section, Delaware State Bar Association
- Pennsylvania State Bar Association
- Probate and Real Estate Sections, Pennsylvania State Bar Association
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court, District of Delaware
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- All Delaware Trial Courts
- Probate and Real Estate Sections, American State Bar Association
- Delaware Volunteer Legal Services
- Delaware Trial Lawyers Association
Contact The Hogan Firm
Located in the historic Delaware Avenue area of Wilmington, just across the street from the Soldiers & Sailors monument, The Hogan Firm offers complimentary parking and can be reached by public transportation. The firm represents clients in Delaware Superior Court, The Court of Chancery, Third Circuit Court of Appeals, United States Supreme Court, The United States Bankruptcy Court and United States District Court for the District of Delaware. Contact the firm online or at 302.656.7540 to schedule a free initial consultation with a knowledgeable Delaware lawyer.